- Pupils achieve well. Teaching is good with some outstanding practice. Teachers plan activities that capture pupils’ interest so that they are enthusiastic to learn and achieve well.
- As a result of enthusiastic teaching, all groups of pupils, including disabled pupils, those with special educational needs, and those for whom English is an additional language, make good progress in their learning.
- The school is very successful in developing pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness in assemblies, lessons and through many extra-curricular activities and educational visits.
- Pupils feel safe and behave well in lessons and around the school. They are respectful and courteous and this contributes to a calm and purposeful atmosphere.
- The headteacher and leadership team have successfully improved teaching and raised standards. They have high expectations and are supported well by all staff.
- The governors are well informed about the school. They are proud of the school and have helped staff to raise achievement through high levels of challenge and support.
To view the full Ofsted report please see below
OFSTED Report 2013
- St Gregory’s is an outstanding Catholic Primary school – Re inspection November 2015.
- Catholic life is outstanding and pupil attainment and teaching are good with some outstanding teaching across the school.
- Collective worship is outstanding. The school uses differing forms of prayer to interest pupils and encourage their participation. Class prayer, whether child or teacher planned and led, is of high quality.
- There is a palpable Catholic ethos in the school. The leaders engender a strong sense of family thus enabling pupils to feel safe, cared for, respected and valued.
- Pupils are treated with respect and they in turn show respect for other pupils and for the adults with whom they come into contact. This encourages the excellent behaviour reported and seen in classrooms and around the school.
- There is a strong emphasis on living out the faith. During the Mass pupils are reverent, the singing outstanding and when there is the inclusion of drama it is of high quality. The quality of relationships throughout the school is exemplary. Staff are excellent role models for their pupils. There is a sense of togetherness.
To view the full RE report please see below
St Gregory’s Coventry, November 2015 RE Report