We feel that the Inspector really captured the essence of St Gregory’s and are delighted with how it reads. Our Curriculum and Personal Development were identified as real strengths of the school, as well as our culture of safeguarding. As always, there are areas for improvement, and we look forward to working together as a team to achieve these. A huge thank you must go to our wonderful staff who work tirelessly to achieve the best for each child that walks through our doors – they are an incredible team!
Highlights from the report include the following:
- ‘Every day pupils ‘create moments that become memories’ Staff care deeply and respond effectively to any worries or concerns pupils raise‘. One Parents comment was typical of many when they said: ‘My children have thrived at this school over the past few years. The support is incredible and high-quality education is nothing but fantastic’
- ‘St Gregory’s Catholic Primary School is ambitious for all pupils; The school’s curriculum is highly ambitious’
- ‘Pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) are well supported to learn the curriculum in class. This is because staff quickly identify their learning needs’.
- ‘The school provides exceptional opportunities to broaden pupils’ interests and experiences’.
Ofsted Full Report
- St Gregory’s is an outstanding Catholic Primary school – CSI inspection November 2022.
- Catholic life is outstanding and pupil attainment in religious education is strong, with most pupils meeting or exceeding age-related expectations by the end of each key stage.
- Religious education is outstanding. The thoughtfully planned and structured curriculum, which meets the needs of different groups of pupils, enhances learning: the stimulating Catholic environment of the school itself further enhances this.
- Collective worship is outstanding. Pupils enjoy the varied opportunities to participate in prayer and liturgy at St Gregory’s. Older pupils admirably support their younger peers, ensuring prayer and liturgy are always inclusive and accessible. All pupils are very attentive and respectful whilst listening to God’s Word.
- The school environment enhances Catholic life and mission; pupils learn and grow in a vibrant, faith-filled atmosphere.
- The associate principal is an excellent role model for pupils and staff and effectively demonstrates Catholic virtues and values.
- Pupil voice is a strength in religious education lessons, where pupils are confident in articulating their viewpoints and understanding of the topics being taught. Pupils are kind, respectful, thoughtful, and enthusiastic about the Catholic faith.
- Staff actively contribute to the Catholic ethos of the school and are proud to be members of the community.
To view the full CSI report please follow this link:
St Gregory’s Coventry, November 2022 CSI Report
St Gregory’s Coventry, November 2015 RE Report